Custom Search

Monday, November 9, 2009

Bittersweet Facebook

a song by Jennifer Neff and friends

Warning: this is downright creepy.

I don't listen to country all the time, but I think everyone can relate to how country songs sound and how they are worded. As I was fooling around on facebook today I realized that if I take bits and pieces (and sometimes whole sentences) of everyone's status updates in the order in which they were posted it makes a pretty kick ass country song. If you're not a friend of mine on facebook you probably won't be able to tell much of a difference, but if you are a friend feel free to see if you can spot your handy work in this song. I basically started from the top of all the status reports and worked down the page. The only quotes that aren't in order of appearance appear in the chorus line. Also, I did have to add single words and conjunctions here and there so it flowed better. For the life if me I could not make it rhyme, but it's still pretty amusing.

I call this little ditty Bittersweet Facebook.

Load to Texas fell apart,
start over again tomorrow.
He's gone on a jet plane,
but I know he will be back again.

Bittersweet afternoon.
I miss him.
Bittersweet afternoon.
I miss him.

Had juice with morning cereal,
then found a present I wanted to buy.
It reminds me of the holidays
when I was in over my head with rocks.

I'm not sure where to go next.
If anyone sees Jon today,
tell him to check his email.
Off tomorrow...

Bittersweet afternoon.
I miss him.
Bittersweet afternoon.
I miss him.
Bittersweet afternoon.
I miss hiiiiiiiiimmmmm.

This song was written from eight status updates that I hijacked from Marc Neff, Amber Robbins, Captain Anonymous, Rachel Shettles Nye, Katie Haglund, Andrew Huang and Melodie Sensenig. Thank you all for your good humor and hopefully for not suing me to the copy rights for this lovely, lovely song.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not good enough I see... Actually, if you added something the two of us had written this would have quickly turned into a Weird Al song.

    ReplyDelete